WooHoo! Little Lambs & Ivy just celebrated their 29th anniversary last month – 29 years of dressing babies and children in good and bad economic times. These years have definitely been full of “life lessons” for me, and I would love to share with someone the ins and outs of running a successful small business as I have learned them.
How’s the best way to learn? By being here, working as a full-time assistant manager in these ways:
- helping build lasting relationships with customers
- being a sales team leader
- overseeing the Baby Registry
- participating in our social media marketing
- learning retail ordering and buying
- brainstorming about building the brand
- helping in every way to keep Little Lambs & Ivy a top-rated children’s shop
We are seeking a well-organized, natural-born leader who thrives on details, yet capable of focusing on the big picture when required. If you have a minimum of two years’ experience in retail sales, 2 years of college coursework, and experience in point-of-sale software, this might be the opportunity for you. This is a 36+ hour job that includes every other Saturday (no nights, no Sundays).
Email a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the title “I Want To Learn”.
With Hurricane Matthew in full force and Fall Break right around the corner, there will be a lot more time spent indoors in the coming week. Take advantage of this time to unwind and give your Little Lambs the chance to explore their creativity and curiosity with these rainy day activities.
Here are some of our favorite things to do when the weather’s not so hot (literally!)
- Read a book! Whether your little one is reading on their own or you are reading to your little one, here are some of our favorite new and old books for story time.
- Get crafting! This is the perfect time to give your kid a blank canvas and a paintbrush to get their creative juices flowing. Some easy arts + craft activities include coloring books, finger-paint, Play-Doh, and even just messing around with sticker books.
- Play Dress Up! This is an oldie but a goodie. With Halloween right around the corner, this is the perfect opportunity to play dress up with both old and new costumes. Your little one will love spending the day as her favorite princess or superhero.
- Throw a puppet show or play using toys and stuffed animals. To make it more interesting, get a bag and stuff it with 10-15 random toys to give your Little Lambs, suggesting that they can only use those specific toys to develop the show. This usually makes the final show hysterical.
- Go camping inside and create a fort using blankets and pillows. The softer the blankets are and the more pillows you have, the cozier it will be. We suggest making a furry floor using a blanket like this one.
- Create a mini-sandbox to play with. It’s a contained, mess-free way to keep your little ones entertained for hours. Our pick is by Sands Alive which is non-toxic, non-sticky, and feels light as a cloud.
So when you’re sitting at home whether its due to hurricane rain or fall break, enjoy this time and take advantage of all the cozy indoor activities you can do.
Don’t forget that we are in the midst of our October Calendar Sale, so each one of these products will be on sale at some point this month! Stop by to see us and stay dry!
We’ve picked out a few of our favorite outfits to kick off this exciting first week of October. As an added bonus, each of these outfits qualify for our calendar sale!
Monday – Pajama Day!
Any day you have an excuse to wear pajamas is a good day. And what better reason to buy a new pair of PJ’s than 20% off of any set, all day?
Your little lamb can relax in this soft satin night gown by Juju and Jack.
Tuesday – Purple Day
You’ll be feeling royal all day when you can take 20% off of ANY purple item in the store. We chose this adorable Pink Chicken purple dress, necklace by A Southern Touch, cupcake purse by Lily & Momo and of course, a Jellycat.
Wednesday – Hair Accessories Day
The middle of the week calls for a fun accessory to spice things up, especially when all hair accessories are 20% off today. We chose these cute little bows by The Bow Next Door.
Thursday – Animal Day
If you can’t make it to the zoo, don’t fret – today is animal day! We were inspired by this cute sweater from Egg by Susan Lazar. We chose to pair it with a blue skirt, pink tights, and a fluffy hair bow.
Friday and Saturday – Blue Weekend
The Little Lamb’s and Ivy blues are the only blues to be feeling this weekend. Celebrate the weekend and take 20% off any blue items on Friday and Saturday!
For our outfit of the weekend, we chose this marvelous blue dress with embroidered cherries by Little English.
Fall is the best time to show off your Little Lamb’s impeccable sense of style and the joy of being creative with clothing. We’re so excited to begin one of the best months of the year and hope to see you in the store!
Don’t forget the calendar sale will be going on EVERY day of the month, so don’t miss out on that 20%!
Each year, as we get closer to fall weather, our customers start asking, “When do you start the Calendar Sale again? When’s Grandparents’ Day?” Time and again, the October Calendar Sale is everyone’s favorite because you’ll never know what you’ll find on sale.
For instance, on pink weekend, any and all things with pink are on sale. Think pink for fall clothing, baby gifts, hair bows, pajamas, books and so much more.
The biggest event is Grandparents’ Weekend! Grandparents save 20% on their entire purchase (excluding the few marked down items in store). Most families come with the grandparents in tow to pick out an entire fall and winter wardrobe for their littles.
Check out our October Sale Calendar, mark the days you want to come, and get ready for some great deals on fall clothing for your little lambs! You’ll be glad you did.
Bannor Toys’ Wooden Teether
These toys come in truly unique shapes and are crafted from 100% organic materials, making them both fun and safe for your little one. Not only is the wood splinter- and toxin-free, but it will stay cold, so stick these teethers in the fridge before use for an added bonus!
These colorful beads are 100% silicone, making them safe for your little one to chew on, and easy to clean afterwards. Just throw them in the dishwasher at the end of the night, and you’re ready for the next day! Plus they come in a variety of colors and styles, so they’ll be the perfect accessory to any of your outfits.
Baltic Amber Teething Necklace
These fun little necklaces take away the pain of teething without ever even going into baby’s mouth. The natural oils from the amber will simply absorb into your baby’s skin and reduce any pain or inflammation causing them trouble.
We’ve got just what you need for your little teether, so come on by or give us a call at 803-343-7070. Teething is tough, but we’re here to help!