What a great time of the year! Even though Columbia, SC is still having 90 degree days, it’s time to gather fall clothing for your little ones.
So, without further ado, we give you the 2017 October Calendar Sale – everyone’s favorite sale of the year! Why? Because one day or another, everything in the store is on sale.
You don’t want to miss this one!
A happy job. Where does one find a happy job?
As I’m playing with a baby or unpacking new layette pieces, many times a customer will say, “This must be a really fun job!” And, of course, I reply, “Yes, it is.” To be surrounded by happy customers all day, looking at family pictures, holding a new baby and relishing that new baby smell – what more could you ask of a job?
If you are on a search for a happy job, I have 5 secrets to finding one:
- The more you do things you’re good at, the happier you’ll be. You have skills that are unique to you and using them makes you happy. Therefore, the more opportunities your skills have to blossom at work, the better you’ll feel. Do what you love, be with people you enjoy, and share your skills with the world!
- Enjoy the moments. Lots of little good things make you happier than a few big good things. You’ve heard it all your life, “Live in the moment.” Why is this important for your happiness? Frequent boosts of little happy moments keep your happiness bucket filled longer than waiting for a few BIG happy events. A baby’s smile, a grandmother’s joy, seeing the joy of a newborn life in a mother’s arms – these little happy moments are like deposits in the happiness bank.
- Have a Calling. Does what you do at work make a difference in peoples lives? Here’s the connection between working with a “calling” and your own happiness: when the end result of your work benefits others, you benefit from your contribution as well. Happiness comes from the feeling that you are making a difference in the world, each day, with each project and task.
- Focus on relationships. Invest in others. It’s that simple. Remember what your teacher said in grade school, “You have two ears and only one mouth. Listen more than you talk!” The more you listen, the more you know. The more you know, the better you understand. The better you understand, the happier your relationships. Find a job that encourages you to get to know your coworkers and customers and you’ll find a happy job.
- Happiness at work is a process. You’re never going to “get there” because there is no there. Each job has it’s difficulties. It’s called work for a reason. “Happiness is not a station you arrive at, but a manner of traveling,” Margaret Lee Runback. Lean in to your job and find your happiness in small measures each day, each week, each month.
How to Find a Happy Job at Little Lambs & Ivy
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a happy environment, where helping families and friends show love to little ones is our main purpose, we would like to talk with you. We offer a competitive hourly wage, family friendly hours, a sweet discount, and loads of encouragement. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and cover letter today.
Get ready, get set, GO! The Lambs are closing from Saturday, July 1 through Saturday, July 8th for a vacation break. It’s time to enjoy being with family and friends, getting refreshed and ready.
Little Lambs & Ivy’s Vacation
Ready for what? The Back to School season starts with new shipments coming in daily for the fall season in July just when the weather thermometer hovers around 100 degrees. Each day in July, we get shipments of the new fall coats & sweaters, corduroy pants & dresses from your favorite brands like Bella Bliss, The Beaufort Bonnet Co, The Proper Peony, Prodoh, Luigi, and so many more.
But for now, we’re celebrating all the wonderful things of summer with a little vacation time away. Here’s hoping you enjoy the same this coming week!
Little Lambs & Ivy enjoying a 4th of July vacation
It’s summer time and the kids are growing like weeds. It’s time to dress them cute for summer outings, and we’ve got a store full of hot deals for you. Come see our summer sale this week!
Plus, you have a great chance to win some prizes while you shop our June Sale. Each time you buy, you’ll be entered in a drawing for some great prizes.
Don’t wait! You’ll be glad you came to shop early for the best deals. Be here 10 A.M. Thursday, June 1.
Looking for a way to enjoy the weather but still be cool? Beat the heat and come meet Pete at Little Lambs and Ivy! Pete the Cat is going to be here from 10:30 to 12:00 this Saturday April 22nd!
We will have books for sale but feel free to bring your own to get Pete’s autograph!